Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fourth of July Fun - Blogged by JME

 


 
N8, June Bug, and I ran in a race in the city where N8 works.  I pushed the stroller with June Bug and ran the 5K, just for the fun of it.  I was surprised when they were handing out ribbons to the winners to hear them call my name.  What a thrill to win my first race!  I think I'm addicted!





 June Bug loves running with me in her stroller.  We have such a great time together.  She always cheers me on and is my favorite running companion. 




My race time was 29:17:88, which is the best time I've ever run a 5K!  I guess all our early morning runs have paid off. 





June Bug and I won third place in my age group. 
 (And we got a little photo-bombed during our picture, but that's okay)







N8 was one proud hubby!  It has been quite a while since we've run a race together, and it was so much fun to do it again.  It was a really nice way to start out our 4th of July. 





This gentleman ran with us.  I loved his outfit.  He ran with the flag and everything.  I thought it was a nice tribute to those in Boston.  
 

 


Afterwards, we went to our local park that was hosting the carnival and booths.  We were pretty disappointed in it this year.  First of all, there was no cotton candy anywhere to be found, secondly, all the booths were lame, and third . . . no matter how hard we looked or who we asked, we could not find the art gallery that was supposed to be there that we were really interested in.  Mostly, we were disappointed that there was no cotton candy. 
 

Next year, we are renting a cotton candy machine, have a booth of our own, and we are going to make a killing. 




I know that I am biased, but I have to say that I think my little June Bug is the cutest June Bug in the whole world. 



She got to play in her new pool that she got for her birthday after she woke up from her nap that afternoon.  She loved it!  Thank you, Aunt T!!!

Grammy Lu and Bapa stopped by for a few minutes and June Bug got lots of attention from Bapa.  They even practiced walking a little. 


She kept switching from her pool to her sandbox.  She is going to be a regular beach bum. 

 
N8 and I decided to finish off the night with some beer brats, corn on the cob, and watermelon.  Little June Bug sure loves the watermelon!!!  I love her toothy little grin!
 
After putting June Bug to bed, N8 and I sat out on our front lawn and watched a killer firework show that our neighbor put on.  He is a pastor of his own church and invited his whole congregation over.  So many of them contributed to the fireworks.  Not only were there little ones, but huge mortars as well.  We really had a good time without even leaving our yard. 
 
We are so grateful that we live in this country and enjoy the freedoms that we do.  We are grateful to all the men and women who sacrifice every day so that we may remain free. 
 
This was such a fun holiday this year! 
 
The memories we made are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love you to leave a comment; however, for our privacy and safety, when leaving a comment, please do not use our real names, where we live, or any other identifying information. Thank you!